Senior Product Manager
Auckland - Full time
Join us in helping and inspiring people to achieve their goals through financial products that are friendly, fair and simple to use! We are reimagining what can be done with data, AI and machine learning* to enable us to fulfil this purpose and disrupt the traditional lending market.
*And we really mean it, machine learning at Harmoney isn’t just a buzzword, we have an amazing data science team in house that powers all of our customer risk scoring.
As Senior Product Manager, you will lead the ideation and discovery of products and ideas, and bring them to life in partnership with the engineering teams. These new products and ideas will bring new customers to the platform, and enhance the lives of our current customers while growing the value of the Harmoney business.
About this role
The Product Management team is currently made up of 3 product managers and 3 UX designers and a product coach. You will work with 1-2 agile scrum teams to discover and deliver value to customers and Harmoney.
You will play a critical role in defining the product vision by testing, learning, pivoting, dropping, and prototyping ideas that will result in valuable, usable, feasible and viable products that people love!
No pioneer can climb a mountain alone so you will be working collaboratively with the user experience, design, engineering, marketing, finance and operations teams to discover and bring to life products across the New Zealand and Australian market.
What you can expect as a Senior PM
An end to end role across the full product lifecycle where you will be an advocate for product experimentation and innovation within the organisation and with external stakeholders. You’ll work with customers and all areas of the business to discover valuable, viable, usable and feasible capabilities that align with the vision and strategy and achieve the OKRs, balancing the constraints of each business area.
- Independently identifying, validating, prototyping new products (tools, process, payment or credit products), aligned with Harmoney’s strategic objectives.
- Developing a vision, strategy, set of OKRs (including financial targets) and roadmaps that tell a compelling story about your product area.
- Working closely with Data Science and User Experience team members to uncover insights that could lead to valuable product offerings.
- Socialising the vision, roadmap and product lifecycle regularly.
- Identifying opportunities to buy or partner for capabilities that are not differentiators.
- Preparing business cases identifying the return on investment, supported by discovery analysis to move new capabilities into delivery.
- Bringing your vision to life in partnership with engineering teams.
- Balance shorter term business needs with the long term sustainability of your product area, prioritising tech investment items as needed to ensure sustainability.
- Working with marketing, support, funding and finance teams to ensure successful product launches. As well as with legal and compliance so that the product exceeds responsible lending regulation and meets legal and compliance requirements.
- Regularly reporting on product performance and financial metrics and link these back to OKRs, identifying key leading metrics to ensure the earliest possible identification of trends.
- Contributing to the development of the product practice at Harmoney, coaching and upskilling others in the team.
To thrive in this role:
- Experience developing and releasing successful digital consumer products.
- Someone comfortable with first-hand user research as well as diving into data to develop a hypothesis to generate ideas.
- A collaborative leader that can bring together multiple stakeholders to achieve the desired user and commercial objectives.
- Strong analytical skills both with quantitative and qualitative data, and the ability to connect this data to product metrics and organisational OKRs.
- Effective prioritisation of user-features balancing between user experiences, business requirements and resourcing.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
Why work with us?
We pride ourselves on being a high growth innovative fintech company, offering flexible home / office working practices and a friendly supportive work culture that encourages collaboration and contribution. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the financial lives of our customers every day.
- An open, creative and energetic hub, where you can help shape, build and enhance the team's culture and way of working
- A continual learning environment that fosters and encourages innovation, creativity and collaboration
- Hybrid working flexibility, up to 2 days from home
- Growth! Grow with us and utilise our learning and development opportunities and annual training budget
- Health Insurance (Southern Cross Wellbeing one), free flu shots, and access to a confidential support and counselling service
- Paid day off on your birthday, and two wellness leave days
- Enhanced leave - 10 days of wellbeing leave from day 1