Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Auckland - Full time - Hybrid (Typscript - Next.js - Nest.js)
Harmoney is the only 100% consumer-direct personal lender operating across Australia and New Zealand. We provide customers with unsecured personal loans that are fast, easy, competitively priced (using risk-adjusted interest rates) and accessed 100% online. We are committed to delivering products to make lives easier.
We believe the future is direct to the consumer, relationship driven and technology enabled. We are disrupting the lending market as we know it by offering a fair and unbiased option for our customers powered by data and machine learning*. Doing things differently is the business we are in.
*And we really mean it, machine learning at Harmoney isn’t just a buzzword, we have an amazing data science team in house that powers all of our customer risk scoring.
How to love your time at Harmoney
If you enjoy problem solving, working with smart people and being a part of positive change, then read on! Be empowered to share your ideas, work collaboratively and autonomously while helping customers manage their finances. Harmoney is one of NZ’s most successful fintechs, growing in both NZ and Australia.
Join us in helping and inspiring people to achieve their goals through financial products that are friendly, fair and simple to use! We are reimagining what can be done with data, AI and technology to enable us to fulfil this purpose and disrupt the traditional lending market.
What you can expect a Software Engineer
- Participate and contribute to team meetings (design, planning, stand-up, review, guild etc.).
- Managing delivery environments.
- Analysis of feature requirements. Refining features into user stories and development tasks.
- Troubleshoot errors and solve problems efficiently.
- Ensure standards and processes are adhered to during the development lifecycle.
- Deliver knowledge sharing sessions to the engineering team
- Effective documentation of tickets, designs & processes in wiki, issue tracking and other documentation systems.
- Support and enhance coverage of automated tests at the Unit, Integration and Functional levels.
- Work in a self organising/managing agile delivery team, collaborating developers, testers and product owners.
To thrive in this role you will be able to:
- Think strategically: See the big picture, plan ahead, and put thought into action
- Be adaptable: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance company effectiveness
- Problem Solve: Assess problem situations to identify causes. Gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the company.
- Learn: Growth is important to us and sometimes that means making mistakes and asking for help when needed
Why work with us?
We pride ourselves on being a high growth innovative fintech company, offering flexible home / office working practices and a friendly supportive work culture that encourages collaboration and contribution. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the financial lives of our customers every day.
- An open, creative and energetic hub, where you can help shape, build and enhance the team's culture and way of working
- A continual learning environment that fosters and encourages innovation, creativity and collaboration
- Hybrid working flexibility, up to 2 days from home
- Growth! Grow with us and utilise our learning and development opportunities and annual training budget
- Health Insurance (Southern Cross Wellbeing one), free flu shots, and access to a confidential support and counselling service
- Paid day off on your birthday, and two wellness leave days
- Enhanced leave - 10 days of wellbeing leave from day 1