Harmoney turns five! Meet Arthur Koo
, 24 September 2019
Senior Java Developer
How much did you know about Harmoney when you got the role?
Almost nothing. I only found out more about Harmoney and the interesting idea behind it, after hearing about the role.
What were your first few weeks with the company like?
It was very "hands-on" as it was right when we were moving from outsourcing to in-sourcing. There was a lot of communicating with external parties to help understand the systems in our platform.
What's your favourite memory or experience from those early days?
It was an amazing experience to be part of a company that has continued to grow and innovate. I'm still enjoying it.
What was the biggest challenge of those early days?
What we could achieve then was very much dictated by our resources and the small size of the team.
What's different about working in Harmoney now?
Harmoney has grown quickly, especially our engineering team. It’s great now that we are able to innovate more and make use of more technology to make our platform better.
For queries please contact:
CEO & Managing Director
+61 404 310 364
Harmoney is an online direct personal lender that operates across Australia and New Zealand providing customers with unsecured personal loans that are easy to access, competitively priced (using risk-adjusted interest rates) and accessed 100% online.
Harmoney’s purpose is to help people achieve their goals through financial products that are fair, friendly, and simple to use.
Harmoney’s proprietary digital lending platform, Stellare™, facilitates its personalised loan product with applications processed and loans typically funded within 24 hours of acceptance by the customer. Stellare™ applies a customer’s individual circumstance to its data-driven, machine learning credit scorecard to deliver automated credit decisioning and accurate risk-based pricing.
- Harmoney provides unsecured personal loans of up to $70,000 for three or five year periods to customers across New Zealand and Australia
- Its direct-to-consumer and automated loan approval system is underpinned by Harmoney’s scalable Stellare™ proprietary technology platform
- A significant percentage of Harmoney’s originations are “3R” (repeat) customers, with losses on repeat loans approximately 40% lower than first time loans
- Harmoney is comprised of a team of 69 full-time employees across Australia and New Zealand, over half of whom comprise engineering, data science and product professionals
- Harmoney is funded by a number of sources including two “Big-4” bank warehouse programs across Australia and New Zealand and a facility from M∓G Investments