Auckland - Full time - Hybrid
Harmoney is the only 100% consumer-direct personal lender operating across Australia and New Zealand. We provide customers with unsecured personal loans that are fast, easy, competitively priced (using risk-adjusted interest rates) and accessed 100% online. We are committed to delivering products to make lives easier.
We believe the future is direct to the consumer, relationship driven and technology enabled. We are disrupting the lending market as we know it by offering a fair and unbiased option for our customers powered by data and machine learning*. Doing things differently is the business we are in.
*And we really mean it, machine learning at Harmoney isn’t just a buzzword, we have an amazing data science team in house that powers all of our customer risk scoring.
Join us in helping and inspiring people to achieve their goals through financial products that are friendly, fair and simple to use! We are reimagining what can be done with data, AI and technology to enable us to fulfil this purpose and disrupt the traditional lending market.
What you can expect as an Assistant Accountant
- Bank reconciliations to ensure the group’s bank balances are recorded accurately on a daily basis
- Preparation of monthly creditor payment batches
- Support the completion of the month end close and reporting processes within the target 3 day timeframe
- Cash flow management for the group with close collaboration with the Treasury team
- Act as the primary backup and assist the Warehouse Reporting Analyst with the daily reconciliations and journal posting of the warehouse facility accounts as required
- Look to continuously automate and improve efficiencies within all responsible processes
- Provide other finance and accounting support as required during the half year and end of financial year audit processes
To thrive in this role you have:
- Have previous experience and a strong competence with the responsibilities listed
- Have previous experience with ERP systems (SalesForce and FinancialForce an advantage)
- Comfortable with Excel, some SQL knowledge advantageous
- Is accurate, attention to details and organised
- Have strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Can communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
- Be bold, proactive and willing to use your initiative
Why work with us?
We pride ourselves on being a high growth innovative fintech company, offering flexible home / office working practices and a friendly supportive work culture that encourages collaboration and contribution. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the financial lives of our customers every day.
- An open, creative and energetic hub, where you can help shape, build and enhance the team's culture and way of working
- A continual learning environment that fosters and encourages innovation, creativity and collaboration
- Hybrid working flexibility, up to 2 days from home
- Growth! Grow with us and utilise our learning and development opportunities and annual training budget
- Health Insurance (Southern Cross Wellbeing one), free flu shots, and access to a confidential support and counselling service
- Paid day off on your birthday, and two wellness leave days
- Enhanced leave - 10 days of wellbeing leave from day 1