The Data Engineer holds the key to unlocking the true potential of our data at Harmoney. The journey starts with identifying all of the key cloud data sources and streaming these, using our data pipeline, into a cloud data warehouse. Transforming events on the fly as required. Once landed we further transform these events again so that they can be reported using our visualisation tools in a meaningful, thought provoking way. This drives constant iteration, improvement and innovation.
Use your knowledge and experience as a seasoned data engineer to apply it to innovate data environment which include:
- Wide diversity of customer data points, including web events
- Near real time data
- Semistructured data
- Best in class visualisation tools
- Productionised automated machine learning models
Advance your skill set with our key tools:
Key to your role :
- Passionate about all things data
- Solid understanding of dimension modelling
- Futuristic data warehouse design skills
- Fast, accurate SQL coding skills
- Report / Visualise solutions to business problems
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen
- Proven history of delivering ontime
- Capability to manage complex situations
- Ability to adopt new skills willingly and quickly
- Research, learn and explore new technologies
- Attention to detail
Nice to Have (Or Develop)
- Data Analytics, Data Quality, Master Data management
- Experience / Proficiency with Python
- Proactively uphold development best practices in collaboration with the team
- Share learnings and knowledge with the wider group, e.g. data dojo’s, stand-ups, brown bag sessions etc.
- Familiarity with agile software practices and ceremonies, e.g. stand-ups, scrum of scrums, story points, estimation, retros, scrum vs kanban, etc.
- 5+ years database experience
- 2+ years reporting experience
- 2+ years data warehousing experience
- Embraces Harmoney key principles and philosophies:
- Always open to learn new things (practices, technologies, styles of working etc.), exhibits a natural curiosity.
- Exhibits a passion and pride for what they do and build.
- Exhibits empathy towards others, especially their team
To be considered for this position, you must be an Australian/NZ Citizen or have a Permanent Residency visa.