Shape the future of Harmoney.
Tell us what you think about Harmoney products and features by participating in our user research studies. Join Harmoney’s UX (user experience) Lab and you’ll be part of the user community helping us build better experiences for our customers.
Join the Harmoney UX Labs community
Click the link below to sign up, and we’ll send you a questionnaire that will help our research team match you to particular studies.Join the community
If/when we invite you to take part in a study, we’ll give you all the details about time, location, and method. Studies can take place online via your computer, smartphone, or tablet — or even at our Parnell office or your home or business.
Meet the team
Greg Elisara – Head of Product Design
Greg is a digital and online professional with nearly 20 years of experience and expertise in UX, UI, UxD, strategy, development, and execution, across retail, marketing and sales, sales force automation, and publishing. Prior to Harmoney, Greg was Head of Digital and Social at award-laden indy advertising agency, Barnes Catmur & Friends.
James Reid – Senior UX Designer
James prides himself on employing a high standard for quality in his work through a systematic approach to creating visual design languages. Driven by user feedback, ideation, prototyping and testing he aims to bring clarity, familiarity and consistency to every interaction.
Ashley Broatch – User Experience Research Analyst
Ashley is a data driven researcher who is passionate about people. Ashley conducts Harmoney's user interviews, usability testing sessions and collates and analyses your feedback to ensure we are improving the experience for future Harmoney customers.
Want to know more?
Want to know more before signing up? Check out our frequently asked questions below.
- What kinds of people are you looking for?
- All kinds! You don’t need to be a computer expert or technology enthusiast to join the community. We’d like to talk to anyone over the age of 18 who is, has been or is considering becoming a Harmoney customer.
- I don't live or work near your office. Can I still sign up?
- Absolutely. Our research can take place in person at our Parnell offices in Auckland, within your home or business (Auckland only) or remotely via your computer or mobile device. It’s all dependent on the type of study we are conducting.
- So what will I do in these studies?
- When you sign up, you can choose the types of studies that interest you. Here’s some info about the different studies and how they work:
- User interview
- These studies are usually an informal chat where we gather your thoughts, feelings and opinions. We can conduct these studies over the phone or in person - whichever works best for you.
- Usability study at our office
- These studies work best for people who live or work close to our office in Parnell. Typically, you’ll meet one-on-one with a researcher who’ll ask you some questions, have you use a new or existing product, and then get your feedback.
- Remote usability study
- In these studies, we’ll gather your feedback via a screen-sharing session with a researcher or a website where you can try something out on your own. You can be almost anywhere in the world, but you’ll need to have a high-speed Internet connection.
- Experiential sampling study
- These studies require a small amount of activity every day for several days or weeks. Our researcher will ask you to respond to questions or take notes about your experience of using a product, and you’ll do everything on your own mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Field study
- In field studies, researchers will visit you in your home or office. They’ll never show up at your door unannounced though — they’ll always check in with you first to discuss study details and make an appointment.
- For these studies, we’ll simply send you a survey form to fill out.
- What’s the time commitment?
- In usability studies and field studies, you’ll typically spend between 30 - 60 minutes with a researcher. This will almost always be during business hours (i.e., Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm) however we can work around you and your commitments where needed. If you’re visiting our office to participate, you’ll need to allow extra time for travel, which will be at your own expense. Remote sessions may take place outside of typical business hours depending on your local time zone.
- How soon will you contact me?
- We can't guarantee that we’ll invite you to participate in a study, and even if we do it may not be right away. For example, we may not have a match for you now, but we may contact you in a few months when we launch a new study that seems to be a perfect fit.
- If I sign up, will you send me spam or sell my information to other companies?
- Why do I need to complete a survey as part of the sign up?
- We use this information to match suitable participants for our research studies.
- My contact information has changed since I signed up. Can I update it?
- If any of your details change, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I signed up, but I’ve decided I don’t want to participate. How do I opt-out?
- To opt-out, please email the team at email@example.com