Need more money to get started?
Top Up lets you refinance your existing loan to borrow additional funds.²
Harmoney Top Up
At some point, you may need more money. Maybe you need it to complete the project you're using your current loan for. Perhaps you have a new goal to achieve. When it happens, Harmoney Top Up may just be what you need.
Borrow additional money
Top Up lets you refinance your existing Harmoney loan to borrow additional money.²
It is a feature offered to those customers who, having demonstrated an excellent track record of on-time repayments, may be eligible to apply to borrow money additional to their existing loan.
How to become eligible
Here are some things you could work on to help you get a Top Up
- Maintain at least 6 months consecutive repayments on your Harmoney loan.
- Ensure you meet all your financial obligations and do not miss payments on your Harmoney loan, as well as other creditors such as your utility provider or other lenders.
- Work towards a favourable credit history. Things that influence your report include credit enquiries and payment defaults to any creditor or service provider.
- Keep a good risk profile. Ensure your records show a low likelihood of default or failing to make payment obligations.
- Try to improve your income and/or reduce your outgoings. This reflects whether or not a Top Up will be within your financial means.
Keep in mind that applications are assessed individually, and there are other factors that may affect the result of your application.²
Take the journey
1. Begin the journey
Work towards a good credit history, track record of on-time repayments and financial situation.
2. Wait to be notified
We review your situation regularly to see how you're going with your loan, and after 6 months, we'll assess your eligibility to apply for Top Up. Borrowers who are eligible to apply will be notified by phone or email.
3. Get a quote
Top Up applicants to go through an even faster quote process than new borrowers, so we can ensure the information we have is up-to-date.
Sign in to check if you are eligible
Find out if you're eligible to apply for Harmoney Top Up by signing in to your account. If you're eligible to apply, it will show the green Top Up ribbon on your dashboard.
Tips to improve your financial health
Want to find out ways to improve your financial health? We wrote a book. (two actually!)
10 WAYS TO GET A BETTER INTEREST RATE
Credit reporting in New Zealand has changed – and those changes could affect you. With the introduction of Comprehensive Credit Reporting, lenders can now see both your good and bad credit history – giving you more ways to improve your rating.
A GUIDE TO DEBT CONSOLIDATION
Debt consolidation loans can take the hassle out of maintaining several loans. You can combine your car payments, personal loans, credit card payments, and other debt into one easy-to-manage loan, with a fixed interest rate and a regular repayment date in the calendar.
We're real people and we're here if you need us
Terms and conditions
1. Subject to approval and funding. Harmoney’s interest rates range are offered based on the individual borrower’s credit assessment according to Harmoney’s credit scorecard. In order to be approved and list your loan you must meet Harmoney’s credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. 99% of loan applications are funded within 24 hours of loan terms being accepted (based on loans submitted in 2021).
2. Subject to approval and funding. Top Up requires a rewrite of your existing loan that must meet Harmoney's credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Harmoney's interest rates and maximum loan amounts are based on the individual borrower's credit and affordability assessment. Current interest rates apply. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.