Want to do more?
Top Up lets you refinance your existing loan to borrow additional funds.³
Harmoney Top Up
At some point, you may need more money. Maybe you need it to complete the project you're using your current loan for. Perhaps you have a new goal to achieve. When it happens, Harmoney Top Up may just be what you need.
Borrow additional money
Top Up lets you refinance your existing Harmoney loan to borrow additional money.³
It is a feature offered to those customers who, having demonstrated an excellent track record of on-time repayments, may be eligible to apply to borrow money additional to their existing loan.
Earn your way to a better rate
If you are able to successfully maintain at least 6 consecutive monthly repayments and maintain or improve your credit score or financial situation, you may be eligible for the same or lower interest rate, and higher borrowing limit. While not everyone is eligible 83% of Top Up customers get a better rate.⁴
How to become eligible
Here are some things you could work on to help you get a Top Up
- Maintain at least 6 months consecutive repayments on your Harmoney loan.
- Ensure you meet all your financial obligations and do not miss payments on your Harmoney loan, as well as other creditors such as your utility provider or other lenders.
- Work towards a favourable credit history. Things that influence your report include credit enquiries and payment defaults to any creditor or service provider.
- Keep a good risk profile. Ensure your records show a low likelihood of default or failing to make payment obligations.
- Try to improve your income and/or reduce your outgoings. This reflects whether or not a Top Up will be within your financial means.
Keep in mind that applications are assessed individually, and there are other factors that may affect the result of your application. ³
Take the journey
1. Begin the journey
Work towards a good credit history, track record of on-time repayments and financial situation.
2. Wait to be notified
We review your situation regularly to see how you're going with your loan, and after six months, we'll assess your eligibility to apply for a Top Up. Borrowers who are eligible to apply will be notified by phone or email.
3. Get a quote
Top Up applicants to go through an even faster quote process than new borrowers, so we can ensure the information we have is up-to-date.
Sign in to check if you are eligible
Find out if you're eligible to apply for Harmoney Top Up by signing in to your account. If you're eligible to apply, it will show the green Top Up ribbon on your dashboard.
Tips to improve your financial health
Want to find out ways to improve your financial health? We wrote a book. (two actually!)
10 WAYS TO GET A BETTER INTEREST RATE
Credit reporting in New Zealand has changed – and those changes could affect you. With the introduction of Comprehensive Credit Reporting, lenders can now see both your good and bad credit history – giving you more ways to improve your rating.
A GUIDE TO DEBT CONSOLIDATION
Debt consolidation loans can take the hassle out of maintaining several loans. You can combine your car payments, personal loans, credit card payments, and other debt into one easy-to-manage loan, with a fixed interest rate and a regular repayment date in the calendar.
Harmoney Top Up
Top Up is a feature offered to certain borrowers who, having demonstrated an excellent track record of on-time repayments, may be eligible for additional funds.
As a responsible lender, we need all Top Up applicants to go through the online process again. If your circumstances have not changed (or have improved), you could be eligible for a lower interest rate.
As we can only allow each borrower / co-borrower to have one active loan through at any one time, when a Borrower is approved for a Top Up, their existing loan is closed off, and ‘rewritten’ – this is why loan Top Up is sometimes also known as "rewrites".
Harmoney customers who are eligible for Top Up will often be notified by phone, email and on your dashboard.
Applying for a Top Up
Harmoney customers who are eligible to apply for a Top Up will often be notified by phone, email and on your dashboard.
To apply for a Top Up:
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Click 'Apply now'.
Please note: If you cannot see the Top Up notification on your dashboard, this means you are not yet eligible for Top Up and are unable to apply.
What is Harmoney’s Top Up criteria?
Harmoney assess Top Up loans with a range of factors which may include:
- Six months solid repayment history with no missed payments
- Have a loan balance of at least $5,000 below your currently funded loan limit
- A favourable credit bureau report
- Your ability to repay the higher loan repayments on the higher loan amount - this depends largely on your income and outgoings.
Our online system reviews your account and will determine whether you qualify for a Top Up loan. If you are eligible, we will contact you via text, email and a notification on your dashboard.
There is a chance your interest rate and borrowing limit may change but the final outcome will depend on your updated information and your most current circumstances.
If you are not eligible now, it doesn't mean you won't be in the future should your circumstances change. So feel free to contact us when your circumstances have changed.
Why do I have to get a new loan?
We combine your original loan amount and the Top Up amount to create a new loan because topping up changes the terms of your original loan contract. If you accept your loan terms the additional funds are deposited in your nominated bank account, or in the case of a debt consolidation loan the funds are paid directly to the debtor (that's right - we take care of that for you).
Does the co-borrower have to be included in my new topped up loan?
Not necessarily. This will depend on your credit and financial situation at the time you apply for a Top Up loan. You can elect to include the same co-borrower, or no co-borrower.
However, depending on your individual circumstances and the amount you wish to apply for, Harmoney may require you to add a co-borrower in order to be approved.
What if my circumstances have changed?
It all depends on what has changed and how it has changed; when you apply to Top Up your loan, we will reassess your financial situation – if you have remained the same, or improved your credit and financial situation, you may receive a lower interest rate. However, if you have gone the other way, your application for a Top Up may be declined.
What term will apply?
The terms available for you Top Up loan will be shown on the loan quote screen.
Our standard terms are 3 or 5 years, but depending on your financial situation, a 3 year term may not be appropriate and so a 5 year loan term will be the only option.
However, you can choose to repay your loan early, and there are no early repayment fees or penalties. This provides you with the flexibility to pay off the loan sooner should you choose.
What fees will there be?
Will my interest rate change?
Possibly. We will reassess your financial circumstances and if your credit and financial situation is in the same or better position than when you applied for your original loan, you could be assigned a new interest rate.
My Top Up loan got funded today. How long until my dashboard shows my new loan details?
Will this change my payment date?
Your payment date is likely to change as it will be aligned to your new loan agreement.
If you are paying weekly or fortnightly, your payments will revert to our standard monthly schedule but we can change this after settlement of your loan to suit your needs - just get in touch and we'll set that up for you.
Unsuccessful Top Up
If your Top Up is unsuccessful, nothing changes to your exisiting loan.
Your current loan will continue to run as it did before.
We're real people and we're here if you need us
Terms and conditions
1. Subject to approval and funding. Harmoney’s interest rates range from 6.99% p.a. to 24.69% p.a. and are offered based on the individual borrower’s credit assessment according to Harmoney’s credit scorecard. In order to be approved and list your loan you must meet Harmoney’s credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. 99% of loan applications are funded within 24 hours of loans terms being accepted (based on loans submitted in 2020).
2. Establishment fee of $200 for loans from $2,000 to below $5,000 and $450 for loans from $5,000to $70,000. Fixed rates range from 6.99% to 24.69% p.a.on 36 to 60 month terms, with no early repayment penalties.
3. Subject to approval and funding. Top Up requires a rewrite of your existing loan that must meet Harmoney's credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Harmoney's interest rates and maximum loan amounts are based on the individual borrower's credit and affordability assessment. Current interest rates apply. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
4. Based on Top Up loans from FY2018.